Francis was the oldest of the three Roper brothers to settle in the Goodpasture area during the 1880's. He was the father of Eddie and William. Francis was an ordained Southern Methodist minister and teacher. He did both in Beulah Valley and the surrounding area of Goodpasture. Also, he homesteaded along the North St. Charles River. This land is still under the ownership of his great-grandsons, Melvin and Roy Roper. (1993)
RAY AND EDNA SIMONSON ROPER
Ray, son of Lee and Jessie Roper, married Edna Simonson, daughter of John and Kristina Simonson, 1913 in Goodpasture, Colorado. Her parents came from Sweden in 1887, ranched close to Denver until they moved to the 3-R Ranch when Edna was five years old. She attended the Sitton and Cedar Grove Schools, graduating from the eighth grade. After Ray and Edna were married, they did live in the original parsonage house for a short period of time before eventually moving to Pueblo. Ray was employed by the Nuckolls Packing Company for twelve years and retired from the Pueblo Ordnance Depot. They had no children but did enjoy numerous nieces and nephews. The Roper children loved them very much and felt indebted to them for a lot of the preservation of family history. Edna's brother, Roy Simonson, and family have been prominent ranchers in Beulah Valley for many years and still remain in their home today (1992).